Thursday, December 23, 2010

Where's the Line to See Jesus?

Christian Becky Kelley sings a new Christmas YouTube 'viral' hit with her family and church choir. "We say 'Merry Christmas' NOT Happy Holidays," she says.



UPDATE December 2012: YouTube video views nearing 4 million

-- From "'Where's the Line to See Jesus?' is a YouTube hit" by Deb Peterson, St. Louis Post Dispatch 12/11/10

A holiday song prompted by a 4-year-old's question, "Where's the Line to See Jesus?" and recorded locally by our town's Becky Kelley has gone viral on YouTube with more than a half a million hits in fewer than two weeks. [Over two million by Christmas Day.]

"I'm blown away," Kelley said. "DJ's are calling and asking me, 'Who are you? Do you have anything else? What other records do you have.' And I have to tell them this is it. I don't have anything else."

The song was prompted by a question Kelley's nephew Spencer Reijgers asked while they were standing in line at a mall to see Santa. She mentioned it to her father, Steve Haupt, a St. Louis business owner with a background as a pianist, and he wrote a song around the idea.

To read the entire article above, CLICK HERE.

From "Where's The Line To See Jesus?" by Don Corrigan, editor-in-chief, South County Times (St. Louis) 12/24/10

"The song has really taken off," said Kelley. "It's really kept me busy. I think the message is one that resonates right now, when there is concern about keeping Jesus as part of the Christmas celebration."

Kelley is married to Nathan Kelley and the couple has one child, Grace. Kelley explained that her song is a family - and extended family - production. Members of her church, the McKnight Road Church of Christ, provide a backup chorus for the recording.

"My church loves it," said Kelley. "And it's so great to have some of the church choir doing the song and being part of the video."

"Our family has always been pretty musical," said Haupt. "We've been doing a Christmas CD for years that we send out to friends and relatives. I did a little CD to send to a select few right after I heard about the Jesus comment of my grandson, and people said they were moved to tears and we had to do more with it.

To read the entire article above, CLICK HERE.

Lyrics to "Where's the Line to See Jesus?"

Christmas time was approaching, the snow is starting to fall,
Shoppers choosing their presents, people filling the mall,
Children waiting for Santa with excitement and glee.
A little boy tugged my sweater, looked up and asked me,

Where's the line to see Jesus? Is He here at the store?
If Christmas time is His birthday, why don't we see Him more?

As I stood in amazement at this message profound,
I looked down to thank him, he was no where around.
The little boy at the mall might as well have had wings
As the tears filled my eyes, I thought I heard him sing,

Where's the line to see Jesus? Is He here at the store?
If Christmas time is His birthday, why don't we see Him more?
Where's the line to see Jesus? He was born for me.
Santa Claus brought me presents, but Christ gave His life for me.

In the blink of an eye, at the sound of His trump,
We'll all stand in line at His throne.
Every knee shall bow down, every tongue will confess,
That Jesus Christ is Lord.

Where's the line to see Jesus? Is He here at the store?
If Christmas time is His birthday, why don't we see Him more?
Where's the line to see Jesus? He was born for me.
Santa Claus brought me presents, but Christ gave His life for me.

Where's the line . . .
Where's the line . . .
Where's the line . . .
For the Lord?